Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another Book Finished!

I finished Delirium which was such a good book.  It took me a little while longer because some of the parts were really slow but once you got to the last twenty percent, oh my god, I was hooked.  There was just so much in that last bit that fulfilled me in so many ways.  I really loved it because it was just, it was different.  It was different than a lot of the things I've read in the dystopian setting.  The people weren't aware of how bad it was.

Honestly, it actually reminds me of what I liked so much about Brave New World  even though everyone around me hated it.  I liked it because I knew things were bad and I was getting this glimpse into life that they didn't see.  This is what could have been.  People are complacent with the way things are and that is a terrifying future.   It just holds so much illusion that this world is prettier than it is for people.

So on that note, I'm really glad I get to put it in the read book list.  I think now, I'm going to read pride and prejudice, along with probably the Hunger Games again.  I really want to reread that book because this was just moving and I know that the two books couldn't be farther apart but I'm so into the dystopia right now, it's a little bit crazy.  Only two books away from completing another resolution of mine.   This is insane.  I've never finished one resolution, let alone two.  This is a happy and spirited time for me and I hope that all of you are having just as good of a time as I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment