Monday, February 6, 2012

Judgment

It doesn't matter how many times someone says that they liked what you did, if they don't pick you it's always a little bit heartbreaking.  

And yes, I speak from experience.  many many many times.   The reason that it's relevant right now is I entered this contest to potentially go to a convention that could quite possibly change my life.   There were about 70 contestants including myself, and I didn't get into the top ten.   Now, I know that's not something I should bummed about but I am.

I won't stop making videos, but it's really hard to be judged and not be good enough to be on someone's top list.  Especially when no matter how irrational or unjustified it is, you felt like you were better than some of the people who got into the top ten.   Still, I'm glad my friend got in to that top ten and I'm glad that she'll have that chance.   Because she's freaking awesome.   It would have been a little less awesome to compete against her.

Seriously, I'm glad I didn't have to.  I'd never have won that way.   She definitely deserves that.   Still, keep being awesome, because I love you guys soo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment