Thursday, January 19, 2012

I have a first world problem

Sorry, for a quiet evening without me, but I'm back and I have more to tell you than ever.   After the first week of school is done, it just seems weird, not to talk bout it.   I'm really lucky to have great classes this year, unfortunately, some of them are quite expensive.   I've been spending money left and right to get this or that and soon enough, I'm going to get tired of it.  And I think I already have.

Today's college rant is mainly a  life rant.   I love shopping online.  I think it's great.  I buy all my textbooks this way and I love to just look.   I like looking at the pretty stuff I can get online.  Comes with the lifestyle I'm accustomed to, I guess.   But last night I ran into a bit of a first world problem.   I'm taking a stage makeup class and I needed this high end theatrical makeup set.   People use it all the time and the cost of is between 50 and 70 dollars normally.  Alarming but not bad.   Now, the only place to get in town was way in the middle of our downtown and I don't drive.   So I figured, hey, online shopping here we go.

So I got to my favorite online seller, Amazon to see if they had this kit.  They were currently out of stock.  Drats, but not a big deal.   So I type in "Ben Nye Theatrical Creme Makeup Kit" to produce some results of where else I could get it.   I found a site.   about 45 to 50 bucks.   Awesome, I'll take it.   I go through the big schpiel from the company about putting my information in and then go to the the select shipping page.   The lowest they had the shipping for was 35 dollars!!  I mean for 35 dollars I expect you to be hand delivering it to my house.   So I went somewhere else.   And I found it again and put my information in and did this a couple more times before realizing, I just needed to find the cheapest shipping for this thing.   Which ended up being 12 dollars.   That was a fifth of the entire cost of the makeup.  

And I realized last night that I have a serious Amazon pampering.   I get free two day shipping for any and all purchases through my prime membership and I get four dollar overnight shipping.  So what I'm saying is that I've recently come to see how much I depend on Amazon for all my needs as an online shopper.   And it's worth it.   I always get great customer service and find that people are always willing to help.  

Aside from the cost involved in this semester, it's going well.   Kicking off the first week, I've already become a little less afraid of myself as an actor.   I really do enjoy it so much.  I find it absolutely fascinating that my first cold read of the semester and I did great.  I loved it.   I enjoy having that time to just let go of me and become someone else.   Speaking of which, I should probably get started on my homework.   I have a monologue due next thursday and I hope it goes well.    But in truth I also got the book of the play from Amazon too.  God, I'm such a sucker.   Well, that's all for now.   Ta tah.

DFTBA darling,
Nina and her BloggedLife

No comments:

Post a Comment