Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beda: Day 14: Pottermore and Libraries.

Today had some exciting moments in it.   I mean I know it's Saturday and I stayed at home all day but no, it was actually really cool.   I had a really good time.   The main thing being I'm still on track for all of my April Challenges.  I'm still doing really well and that's great.  I get these feelings and it's good stuff.  It's high energy and it's the works.   And I want to finish.  Like it's seemed like even though I'm doing all of these projects at the same time that April has kind of stretched out and decided to lounge a little bit, which is nice, but also a little bit distressing.

But onto the first good thing that happened today, and that is that Pottermore opened.  I mean I've been excited about Pottermore ever since it was announced.  Then it took forever for it to be released to the general public and I was checking the Insider everyday to see what was happening.   But today was the day I could get in and get rolling with it and it was awesome.  I signed up and started getting into the first book which was pretty amazing.  The first book is the hardest to read even though it's on a very basic reading level because it has to set up so much stuff for the later books.  With Pottermore it was actively engaging and I could see where it might not be as boring to read anymore.   So that was definitely a great advantage.

I didn't go far into it, I only finished through about chapter seven which I suppose is a little than half of book one, but still, it was so nice to see the dream finally coming to life.   I said I didn't really care about this part, but I lied.  I did care.    I cared a lot about this part and now that I have it, it's wonderful to see what good and new things are coming out of it. 

The only kind of bittersweet thing about this is that I couldn't tell my best friend about it the second I got into it because he's at some kind theatre boot camp thing.   But I guess that will make it even more exciting when he comes back.   It's one of those things I'm really excited to share with him.   Because Harry Potter formed a big part of our bond and it's exciting to have this new information to discuss and share with each other and gab about.  

And I went on a little bit of a Google Image Search for wallpapers and found plenty of amazing ones.  I don't tend to go with anything except really cool designs that are very futuristic, very sci-fi.   I know that I'll even go and put very specific video game titles in the search along with city scape to get the kind of wallpaper I'm looking for.  But today was cool libraries and futuristic libraries and boy did I find plenty?  I'm just super glad to find that kind of design element to put as my wallpaper because what could express more of my personality?  I don't really think anything could.   And so with that I bid good night.   I hope everyone is having a great weekend and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment