Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beda: Day 5: Team YouTube

Today for me has been all about Team YouTube.  

I'm aware that some of you might not be aware of what that is.   It's the first season of the new series, Escape Routes, which is a reality show on NBC.   It's all about social media in the modern world and uses that to actually affect the outcomes of the show.

Now, as you guys know, I'm a YouTuber.   I'm a vlogger.   And I very much stand behind the people who christened themselves from the start "Team YouTube," Brett and Ross.   They are so awesome.  Literally there are not enough words in our language for me to espouse their greatness.  It's just awesome.   And it helps that they are so nice and try to answer as much as possible.

Today, I woke up thinking about Team YouTube because it's just great, it finds so much freedom.   It has things that are literally just blowing my mind.   But the biggest thing about Team YouTube is how quickly they got people to rally and how quickly we are to form the community.   That's the great thing about this.   It takes our great community aspect and throws it into making the best team it possibly can and see how they measure up.

It shows that YouTube isn't just that crazy corporate thing that it is portrayed as.  It's still us.   We're still in it to win it.   We love it and we are the ones who define it with our community.   They didn't win the challenge and so the prize did not go to our community but they did get the fastest times on the social media bit and it was just phenomenal.   I couldn't believe it.   Being part of this is being part of a family.

It's challenging to love people so quickly, but facillitating the exchange of thoughts and ideas makes it so much easier, especially when you can see people's faces.   It provides so much in this digital age to connect to.   If Brett and Ross don't personify that I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment